Who May Be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Associate Chief for External Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. The mission of the CISA Office of the Chief Privacy Officer is to help CISA achieve its homeland security and protective mission while minimizing the impact on the individual's privacy, particularly the individual's personal information.
Typical work assignments include:
- Ensure agency activities and programs do not discriminate.
- Provide proactive policy advice to senior leaders on a wide range of issues.
- Develop long and short-range plans and that consider laws, policies, safeguards, business practices, and related initiatives to design and deliver comprehensive programs.
- Working with external organizations to ensure the inclusion of civil rights and liberties protection in all programs and activities.
- Work with the staff to investigate complaints against CISA programs and activities for non-compliance with constitutional, statutory, regulatory, policy, and other requirements related to civil rights and civil liberties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612558200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.