This position is in the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs (OLPA), Public and Media Affairs Branch. The Public and Media Affairs Branch is responsible for providing strategic direction for the Foundation’s outreach events and activities by identifying programs or projects important to NSF and the science, engineering research and education community. This includes providing public information, media, and related activities of the Foundation.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a public affairs specialist in the Public and Media Affairs Branch of OLPA with responsibility for formulating external affairs strategies around NSF activities and relevant issues.
Specific duties include:
- Establishes goals, strategies and tactics related to agency external affairs program and ensures evaluation and analysis of communication activities.
- Develops national public campaigns to advocate for and increase awareness of the NSF mission while engaging a broader audience.
- Monitors opportunities for proactive outreach and builds relationships with stakeholders to promote awareness of the agency mission and increase engagement with a wider audience.
- Develops targeted strategies to reach specific audiences at the state/local level, intergovernmental, private/industry, universities/researchers and students/teachers to include highlighting NSF facilities, labs, centers, observatories, research vessels and others.
- Identifies, develops and refines key messages and fact-based narratives in support of NSF priorities.
- Plans, develops and coordinates key NSF themes and messages to communicate with external audiences.
- Leads projects to include events, conferences, exhibits, press conferences, hill events and other opportunities to reach a large audience while showcasing NSF activities and research.
- Public outreach development
- Analytical Skills
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612515300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.