The United States Agency for International Development Office of Inspector General (USAID OIG) is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill a Information Technology Specialist (Network) position located in the Office of Management (M), Information Management Division (IM), Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist (NETWORK), you will:
- Serve as an expert and technical authority on complex hybrid Microsoft Azure cloud and virtualized network environment with oversight responsibility to provide guidance for advanced system design, evaluation, implementation, and sustaining all network operations and systems.
- Provide expert guidance in the architecture of Local and Wide Area networks (LAN and WAN) and command datacenters across various locations, as well as network telecommunications to include IP subnetting and DMZ design, Cisco Router and Switches.
- Utilize a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure and )365 cloud technologies, VMware virtualization systems, ESX server provisioning, EMC storage Area Network (SAN), Exchange Online administration, Active Directory and network security services in order to provide expert guidance and advice to Director in the day-to-day management of network management and operations.
- Apply Azure cloud-based and on-premise network monitoring tools to control the performance, utilizations and status of network critical resources.
- Utilize Azure DevOps to support the progression of Information Technology projects and implementation efforts.
- Administer and Monitor OIG's network for unclassified information for optimum security. Oversee the activities involved in quality resolution of complex technical issues.
- Provide technical guidance for both government and contractor personnel providing analysis on existing, new and emerging automation technologies for both short and long term impact upon OIG customers and connecting automated systems.
- Provide annual network design changes for budgetary and staff hour requirements to senior IT management for planning purposes.
Occasional travel - International and overnight travel will be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612176800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.