National Defense University (NDU) supports the joint warfighter by providing rigorous Joint Professional Military Education to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and select others in order to develop leaders who have the ability to operate and creatively think in an unpredictable and complex world.Learn more about this agency
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
Serves as a member of the faculty supporting the mission and academic programs of NDU through teaching, research, engagement and service.
- Prepares and conducts graduate-level seminar instruction in the interdisciplinary academic program, focused on national security topics. Applies teaching methods that stimulate student engagement through faculty-facilitated seminar discussion and experiential learning.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the University's academic programs, research and creation of scholarly knowledge.
- Provides students with counseling, mentoring, and assessment of their academic performance.
- Participates in engagement and outreach activities in furtherance of the NDU mission. Advises and consults with senior DoD officials involved in the Defense policy-making domain.
- Provides service to the College and University community through rotating roles, to include serving and/or leading College or University-wide committees related to such areas as strategic planning, accreditation, admissions, etc.; advising leaders, faculty and staff colleagues in areas of expertise; and participating in College/University activities.
- Promotes a climate that fosters respect among students, faculty, staff, and administration from a range of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 15% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611924300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.