This position is located in the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of General Counsel.Learn more about this agency
As a LAW CLERK (LEGAL HONORS PROGRAM), you will:
- Prepare and handle both affirmative and defensive litigation cases involving all programs and participates with private attorneys in handling cases involving HUD funded activities.
- Participate in matters affecting HUD programs and administration in the regional office, field office or HUD Headquarters jurisdiction and exercises clear and precise judgment and discretion in formulating responses to legal issues with the assistance of the senior level attorney
- Prepare all pleadings, motions, briefs, and memorandum of law to be filed in cases. As appropriate, these documents are reviewed by a senior level attorney.
- Perform legal research and prepare memoranda of law based upon the products of his or her research.
- Conducts discovery, including examination or cross-examination of witnesses by deposition.
- Handle necessary programmatic transactional work related to real estate and housing.
- Provide advice and guidance on legal issues that arise in connection with the program responsibilities of the Department.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611922200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.