The Records and Information Management Specialist (RIMS) position for the Veterans Benefits Administration is located in the Support Services Division of the Atlanta Regional Office in Decatur, GA. Under the general direction of the Support Services Division Chief, the RIMS for VBA facilities has oversight for the facility-wide Vital Records Management Program. The RIMS is the subject matter expert and records liaison for administrative records.Learn more about this agency
- Develop and implement facility policies and procedures in accordance with VA and VBA policy, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), and other applicable Federal laws and regulations.
- Conduct focused monitoring and auditing of records created and maintained by business lines.
- Facilitate regular interdisciplinary records management committee meetings and participate in other facility committees pertaining to the information life cycle.
- Identify and reports problems and deficiencies in the record management program for corrective action.
- Work to ensure facility compliance with VA and VBA policy, NARA and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Serve as the facility point of contact and advisor for maintenance and disposition of records, to include shredding of documents, when the record is not required to be retained or if the designated life cycle of the document has expired.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal and VBA system of records and other laws and regulations.
- Develop standardized file inventory/file plan and indexing approaches to simplify the use, access, and integration of information within the facility.
- Review all contracts that involve the creation, maintenance and use, storage or disposal of VA records.
- Assist in identifying resources responsibilities needed for adequate records management.
- Promotes and elevates records management practices to facility management in accordance with policy.
- Ensures compliance with station shredding policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611810100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.