This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration in either the Archives I Textual Records Division, Archives II Textual Records Division, or Digitization Division. Incumbent performs work that supports access to archival holdings, physical and intellectual control over records, and digitization. The work encompasses reference, researcher assistance and other customer services, processing, accessioning, arranging, describing, preserving, and digitization of records.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-07. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Provide written or oral "first-line" reference assistance and consultation, responding to all forms of inquiry concerning NARA's archival holdings, in original or surrogate format, by using complex finding aid systems and related archival sources, in both electronic and analog formats.
- Evaluate the physical condition of records in the course of other duties and alerts supervisor or other designated staff to condition problems that limit access or threaten the safety of records.
- Prepare online catalog descriptions of holdings at all levels according to NARA lifecycle standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in accessioning and disposal of all record types under the guidance of an archivist or archives specialist.
- Completing moderate to complex digitization projects under the direction of an archivist or specialist.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611718500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.