You will serve as a Principle Technical Manager in the Undersea Warfare (USW) Combat Systems Department of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
You will provide National leadership in Research and Systems Engineering to achieve USW combat systems excellence for the U.S. Navy and relentlessly develop, deliver, and maintain capabilities that are affordable and essential to undersea superiority.
- You will provide leadership for the development of USW Combat Systems for the complete DoD acquisition cycle from concept development, system development, test and evaluation, fielding, and operational assessment.
- You will represent Division Newport on committees and meetings with laboratories, government, and private industry organizations concerned with the planning and management of Submarine Combat Systems research, development and Fleet support programs.
- You will manage research and developmental projects/programs of exceptional scope, difficulty, and responsibility with critical importance to the accomplishment of key objectives of national scope or impact.
- You will identify and fill gaps regarding current and future Department manpower, training, and development needed to support future demands.
- You will provide technical expertise in submarine combat control systems and their integration into the submarine warfare systems and identify critical science and technology, and research and development needs.
- You will design and implement strategies that maximize employee potential and fosters high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611659100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.