Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Aerospace Engineer. Selected candidates will serve as Project Formulation Managers (PFM) in the Project Formulation and Development Office. You will lead formulation teams and apply project management discipline to forge executable plans from early project concepts. PFMs work directly with scientists in the pre-formulation project phases and their efforts help establish the future work at GSFC.Learn more about this agency
- Develop systems requirements, concepts, cost estimates, resource loading, and schedules for proposed and ongoing aerospace projects.
- Recommends strategies for aerospace projects to hold to cost and schedule commitments ensuring contractors and team members remain within acceptable limits.
- Develop long-range aerospace project planning and to the formulation, modification, and determination of overall objectives.
- Formulates and negotiates agreements and plans for institutional support of aerospace project activities. Monitors and controls aerospace program or aerospace project development efforts and resource utilization.
- Performs pre-project planning duties, such as concept development, master integration planning, operations planning, and programming design for aerospace projects, taking into account feasibility, costs, and performance.
- Lead and manage budget, schedule and technical risks on aerospace projects.
- Direct and manage budget and resource planning activities, including budget formulation and execution, for aerospace projects.
- Analyze and plan resource requirements, scheduling, and risk management for aerospace projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611359900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.