The Parts, Packaging and Assembly Technology Branch is seeking a skilled test engineer to join their team to perform testing and failure analysis of EEE (Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical) parts in the Parts Analysis Laboratory at Goddard Space Flight Center. You will be responsible for the Destructive & Non-Destructive Physical Analysis and electrical testing of various electronic and opto-electronic parts, and supporting Lab managers in safe operation of test equipment.Learn more about this agency
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Perform reliability evaluations of electronic components using Non- destructive evaluation techniques such as Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), optical microscopy, X-Ray testing etc.
- Perform reliability evaluations of electronic components using Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) of electronic components using decapsulation techniques, precision cross-sectioning, optical microscopy, SEM etc.
- Design and build test evaluation boards for electrical testing of EEE parts using multiple test equipment such as oscilloscopes, precision multimeters, electrical probe stations, spectrum analyzers etc.
- Perform Failure Analysis of reliability issues related to EEE parts failures and finding the root cause of these failures.
- Support the Lab managers of the Code 562 Parts Analysis and Photonics Lab in maintaining the safe operation of multiple test equipment in compliance with the mandatory Lab safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Collaborate with the contractors engaged in this work. Support the Lab managers of the Code 562 Parts Analysis and Photonics Lab in maintaining the safe operation of multiple test equipment in compliance with the mandatory Lab safety procedures.
- This vacancy has been amended to extend the closing date to 8/30/21.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611160700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.