We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner. We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse. We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place. Come join the team!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Programs, Offices, Centers Oversight Directorate (POCO) in the EPA OIG, Office of Special Review and Evaluation. OSRE specializes in conducting evaluations assignments designed to assess the effectiveness, efficiency, and economy or programs and operations of the EPA and the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigations Board, jointly referred to as the agency. POCO focuses on the oversight of programs, offices, and centers, evaluating whether and how they are effectively and efficiently meeting legal, regulatory, congressional and public requirements and expectations.
The ideal candidate will perform the following duties:
- Perform the full range of managerial, supervisory and liaison responsibilities, with authority over administrative, programmatic, and personnel matters for select staff in the Office of Program Evaluation.
- Conduct complex program evaluations and/or audits of programs using advanced analytical and evaluative methods to identify areas of improvement in economy, efficiency, effectiveness, that can be made in agency statutes, regulations, guidance, policies, procedures, or practices.
- Supervise studies, analyze staff activities related to long-term planning, authorized staffing levels, attrition, strategic planning, performance measures and hiring goals.
- Participate in formal and informal executive management sessions regarding short and long-term management policies.
- Serve as a senior liaison with high-level EPA officials and representatives of numerous federal and private entities.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610806600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.