This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, US Coast Guard, Yard, Industrial Department, Structural Group in Baltimore, MD.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for assisting journeymen Shipfitters or Welders with work that cannot be handled alone and also perform less difficult tasks alone.
Being a civilian working for the Coast Guard makes you a valuable team member. Typical duties include:
* Using power and hand tools common to the trade.
* Performing a variety of less difficult tasks related to shipfitting and welding, such as cutting batten wood for templates, tacking templates, center punching fabrication marks on steel.
* Assisting in laying out, fabricating and erecting steel; and holding parts to be tacked and performs tack welding.
* Assisting in the operation of power machines by holding and feeding metal parts.
* Getting tools and supplies, carries materials and lifts and holds items in place while the Shipfitter or Welder is working on them.
* Cleaning work area, tools and machines.
05 - U.S. Citizens. Subject position(s) will be filled through delegated examining procedures. For definitions of common terms found in the announcement: http://dhsconnect.dhs.gov/org/comp/mgmt/dhshr/hr/Documents/JOA_Common_Definitions.pdf
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610771200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.