This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Information and Customer Services Branch in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent participates in the development of a national Animal Welfare Information Center, outreach activities, the selection and acquisition of special materials and information products for the NAL collection, the coordination and delivery of technical reference and research services.
- Provides technical reference and research services to a wide range of clientele. Formulates and performs subject searches mostly on topics relevant to the use of animals in research, testing, education, and on exhibit as mentioned in the AWA
- Participates in selecting animal welfare related materials for the NAL collection.
- Compiles, edits, or authors bibliographic and non-bibliographic information products on topics appropriate to animal welfare (e.g. fact sheets, AWIC resource series, book chapters, papers, conference proceedings and articles for the AWIC bulletin).
- Formulates and performs subject searches on a variety of electronic resources for information regarding animal care, welfare, training materials for personnel, minimizing pain and distress, and alternatives to animals in painful experiments.
- Continues professional personal development through attendance at training workshops, conferences, symposia, meetings, training programs related to animal welfare
- Takes an active role in the organizing and conducting outreach activities related to animal welfare. This may include scheduling and organizing materials for participating in workshops; seminars and conferences; hosting visitors.
- Conducts demonstrations of AWIC electronic resources, new technologies, and automated retrieval services; designing and preparing information kits for targeted audiences; and acting as a faculty member in AWIC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610762800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.