This employee supports the USDA National Forest Service Library (NFSL) which provides scientific and technical information services to the 35,000 employees of the USDA Forest Service.Learn more about this agency
Duty station will be the Rocky Mountain Research Station headquarters in Fort Collins, CO
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Thomas Moothart at 970-498-1310 or email@example.com
- Use library principles, concepts, methodology, operations, and management to serve information needs of the Forest Service and other customers.
- Investigate and evaluate software for library applications, such as cataloging, citation management, or circulation.
- Assist and instruct patrons on the content, nature, and use of library resources.
- Recommend suitable print and non-print media or selections for a library collection and determine those items suitable for removal from the collection.
- Respond to reference and research questions from library customers, whether in person, via e-mail, or telephone
- Prepare specialized, annotated scientific bibliographies and guides.
- Use diverse information sources such as databases having a specialized structure, content, and access protocols to respond to reference and research queries
- Prepare exhibits and brochures and participate in public relations initiatives to promote the use of the library
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel 1-2 times per year for training or conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610436800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.