- Salary: GS-07 $50,106 (Step 01) to $65,141 (Step 10);GS-09 $59,908 (Step01) to $77,879 (Step 10).
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01. Learn more about this agency
As a Computer Scientist within the South Atlantic Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Employs computer science computational theory and programming language theory to assist in designing software frameworks and custom data collection and transmission elements as components of desktop or web-based decision support system, mathematical models, data visualizations and computationally intense geospatial processes.
- Assist in software architecture and design activities using object-oriented languages, web interface testing, unit testing, process flow design, and end-user training.
- Assist in documenting and publishing solutions, which address the challenges related to computation theory, hardware performance, remote sensed data acquisition, computer graphics, GPU optimization, data transformation, and data standards compliance.
- Assist in working with cooperators and subject matter experts on science, resource management, and technology team, attending meetings on and off site.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel an average of 1 night per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610207300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.