About the Position: This position is with the Directorate of Emergency Services located at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD. APG Sits on more than 72,500 acres in Harford County, MD and offers recreation, sports, golf, pools, child/day care facilities. The area offers housing, public, private & parochial school systems, and major colleges. APG is a great place to live, work and play at the top of the Bay.Learn more about this agency
- In this position you will serve as a Security Guard at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- You will independently perform, with little or no supervision, installation access control for pedestrians and vehicles utilizing standard operating procedures,
- written orders and regulatory requirement as a guide to access determination for a wide range of unique circumstances.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for the installation?s visitors which may include foreign nationals, government agents, elective officials, media and Very Important Persons (VIP).
- Authenticates identification through use of electronic Personnel Access Control Systems (ePACS), identification cards, badges, biometric automated records, verbal questioning, and other means.
- Provides answers to questions, determines whether appropriate need for access exists, and provides assistance as required.
- Records visitor information and purpose of visits, as necessary; and may issue short or long term passes as needed. Inspects containers, personal property, documents on private, commercial and governmental vehicles.
- Exercises tact, courtesy, and firmness in the performance of all force protection duties.
- Assists Department of the Army Civilian and Military police as required by rerouting traffic, obtaining facts, taking statements, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610067300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.