This position is located at the Rocky Mountain Research Station in Fort Collins, CO.Learn more about this agency
This employee assists with technical library services for the Forest Service with primary responsibility in cataloging and metadata creation for national services including the US Forest Service Digital Collections.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Thomas Moothart at 970-498-1310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Responsible for original cataloging and classification of library materials.
- Performs copy and original cataloging including subject analysis and classification and adapts cataloging records to maintain compatibility with National Forest Service Library (NFSL) collections.
- Assists other NFSL staff with identifying articles and publications for inclusion in the ILS and the Monthly Alert.
- Ensures the posting and maintenance of bibliographic entries in the online catalog.
- Ensures withdrawal of records from the catalogs when materials are no longer available and resolves problems that arise with the cataloging rules as a result of the uniqueness of some of the materials in the collections.
- Keeps abreast of current rules, changes and procedures implemented by Library of Congress, OCLC, NFSL?s ILS vendor, and NFSL staff.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel may be expected up to 1-2x per year to attend training or professional meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609700100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.