THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-07 level.
- Administer routine aspect of the prescribed fire/fuels plan.
- Ensure that preparation, ignition, holding, mop-up, and rehabilitation are completed to the standards specified.
- Assist in monitoring fire behavior, evaluating fire effects, identifying potential problems and making basic recommendations.
- Provide training needs to support prescribed fire and fuels management programs.
- Participate in drafting prescribed fire/fuels management plans following the interagency template.
- Review fuel treatment alternatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609501900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.