This position is part of the, Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board, Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board. The incumbent serves as the Contracting Officer performing a full range of contract activities. The incumbent provides expert acquisition support and guidance to CSB customers and team members for a wide range of highly complex contracting types and methods and performs the full range of preaward and/or post-award functions for highly complex contracting types.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-13: Performs contract administration and ensures proposed status and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) are reviewed.
- Has signature authority for all contractual actions, strategy and phases of contact program including initial planning, requirements definition including contract negotiations, cost and price analysis and administration.
- Plan, develop and establish long and short-range procurement and contracting plans, strategies and approaches for overall acquisitions.
- At the GS-14: Applies Federal procurement policy and ability to analyze administrative operation procedures and reviewing and assessing rules and regulations and their impact on the procurement/contract programs.
- Serves as the senior contracting advisor to programs management officials in procurement planning meetings and advises program officials of program objectives to be used and assists in the preparation of statements of work.
- Articulates and communicates to the program offices the assignment, project, problems to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Serve as team leader during contracts negotiations, including conducting fact-finding sessions, pre-proposal conferences, debriefings to unsuccessful offerors, and negotiating various terms and conditions for a wide variety of contract types.
- Trains and arranges for the training of COR?s in methods and procurement techniques.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609484100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.