This position is with the Department of Commerce (DOC), International Trade Administration (ITA), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Customer Success Team, located in Washington DC. This position serves as the Records and Information Management Subject Matter Expert and reports to the Director of Customer Success.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Records & Information Management Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing, leading, and maintaining the change to electronic records; and developing, implementing, administering, and operating a modern records management program for the ITA. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the ITA subject matter expert for all areas of Records and Information Management (RIM), providing technical guidance and advice to the Chief Information Officer, Directors, and other RIM stakeholders.
- Developing long-range objectives, plans, and records management feasibility studies for overall program and specialized components of the program.
- Identifying procedures and methodologies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the life cycle management of DOC and ITA records and documentation.
- Directing, controlling, implementing, and executing an electronic records management program.
- Overseeing the change of ITA's paper records to electronic record-keeping, which includes development, maintenance, verification, and evaluation of existing systems.
- Analyzing business processes to provide recommendations to improve workflow and create efficiencies through automated tools, systems, and technology.
- Developing and implementing policy and program guidance supporting the integration and synchronization of records management across ITA, which includes ITA forms management initiatives.
- Preparing briefs, presentations, and papers for leadership for a variety of external audiences.
- Leading and assigning work to a team of records management specialist, assisting with prioritizing work, measuring workload, and overseeing task completion.
- Articulating and communicating to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Reviewing completed work to ensure proper coordination; technical adequacy of decisions, conclusions and recommendations; and timely completion.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609444400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.