This position is in Region 9, Superfund & Emergency Management Division.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 9: Region 9 WebsiteLearn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Determine appropriate cleanup actions, methods and tools for toxic and hazardous waste sites
- Direct contractual work efforts in cases where EPA must assume the cleanup duties to assure that federal funds are properly expended and that contractors are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Monitor responsible party effort during remedial cleanups to assure compliance with all requirements of applicable regulations
- Participate in or monitor enforcement activities
- Perform community relations activities within a public forum
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled.
50% or less - You may be required to travel 25% or greater of each month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609284600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.