This position is located in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Program Audits and Evaluations (PAE) located in Arlington, VA. This position is responsible for conducting high-quality work and helping to produce or producing timely reports based on reliable evidence, sound analysis, logical reasoning, and critical thinking.Learn more about this agency
- Performing research to gather background information and identify relevant criteria.
- Developing clearly defined assignment objectives that minimize assignment risk and consider stakeholder expectations.
- Determining methodologies, techniques and procedures to be used to meet assignment objectives. This may include the use of specialized audit techniques, including sampling techniques, data analysis, quantitative methods, financial analysis, or a combination of these techniques, as appropriate.
- Providing assistance to OIG components in computer technology and applications, including the use of computer assisted auditing techniques, information retrieval and reporting, and IT auditing. This may include providing training to other staff in IT auditing and providing guidance and direction on aspects of the assignment.
- Ensuring that program steps are logical, reflect optimal techniques, and minimize assignment risk.
- Reviewing documents provided by or prepared by program officials to ascertain accuracy and completeness and/or to test compliance with program controls.
- Evaluating the sufficiency and appropriateness of evidence and following up with FDIC officials to close any identified gaps necessary to develop relevant finding elements.
- Developing and preparing supporting project documentation, including working papers, findings and conclusions with no assistance.
- Thoroughly understanding the elements of a finding and demonstrating advanced level competency in finding development.
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with OIG policies and procedures and Government Auditing Standards or Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation.
- Determining whether corrective actions proposed or taken by FDIC management are responsive to OIG recommendations associated with IT or IT security controls.
- Preparing accurate and concise written products, including reports or report sections that meet OIG guidelines and quality standards.
- Keeping the Auditor In Charge (AIC) and OIG management informed of ongoing works, results, and any challenges.
- Conducting interviews independently to obtain information or follow up on information requests.
- Briefing FDIC management on job status and findings as they arise.
- Providing on-the-job training and coaching to junior-level staff to advance their professional competencies.
- Supporting policy and procedure development by providing input on design and periodic updates and suggesting process improvements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609171900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.