Serves as an Attorney Adviser in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, an Associate General Counsel, a Chief Counsel, or Deputy Chief Counsel. Performs legal counsel functions across OGC's practice areas as needed to effectively balance legal workloads within OGC (including its operating locations) and manages surge requirements for legal services from OGC. Provides day to day guidance on legal matters to NASA Clients and within OGC to NASA attorneys.Learn more about this agency
- Legal counsel on acquisition planning, competition, award, and contract administration; procurement integrity matters; contract disputes; procurement policy; and contract litigation such as bid protests, contract claims, and federal litigation.
- Legal counsel on government-industry collaborative and reimbursable partnerships through non-procurement authorities such as Other Transactions, CRADAs, prize competitions; research institutes; and crowd-sourcing solutions.
- Legal counsel on compliance with standards of conduct and ethics statutes. Financial disclosure reviews; ethics training; conflicts of interest; outside activities; post-employment; gifts; fund-raising; endorsements; Hatch Act issues.
- Legal counsel on non-appropriated fund activities; government information practices; FACA; records management; Section 508 compliance; Litigation in US Federal Courts; FOIA Appeals; tort claims/litigation; use of appropriated funds.
- Advises the Agency on interpretations of specialized areas of law and assists in planning policies affecting NASA's position.
- Conducts extensive legal research on highly intricate and exceedingly complex and novel questions of law and policy relating to all aspects of intellectual property law.
- Prepares complex documents, responses to policy inquiries, letters, legal memoranda and testimony.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609123000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.