This vacancy is for a Translator position in the Decennial Census Management Divisionlocated at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Translator, GS-1040-12, FPL-12 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.Learn more about this agency
- Translates census materials from English into Spanish for the enumeration of Puerto Rico and Spanish-speakers in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Translates and edits/reviews translations from Spanish and into English at all levels of difficulty for a wide variety of census materials/products and public use material.
- Reviews and edits the translations of other translators and/or contract translators and provides assistance in addressing uncommon or complex issues or situations. May be assigned to mentor less experienced translators.
- Conducts research on census terminology, style, background information and sources of terminological reference to assist in the resolution of unusual problems.
- Consults with subject matter specialists or the supervisor to verify the meaning of technical terms and the general sense of accuracy of the translated material.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609044000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.