The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the United States Department of Agriculture's chief scientific research agency and one of the world's premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist's research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture.Learn more about this agency
**ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED OR March 31, 2022**
- Incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Extracting and identifying compounds from oak plant tissue that mitigate HLB in citrus plant material via bioassay-guided chemical fractionation.
- Using various physical and chemical extraction techniques including energized dispersive guided extraction and steam explosion and will be required to collaborate and coordinate with University of Florida and USHRL project team members.
- Studies conducted to determine optimum conditions for the extraction and recovery of the oak plant tissue compounds of interest. HPLC-MS, GC-MS, NMR and other techniques will be utilized to characterize the compounds.
- Transferring knowledge gained from laboratory extraction systems to bench and pilot-scale processes to support green house and field trials.
- Reports research results at scientific meetings, and author manuscripts for publication in scientific journals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608959000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.