This position is located in the Research Service at the VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System. The incumbent has an essential role encompassing the areas of budget administration, grant administration and other office operations. The program assistant will assist in the performance of a variety of budgetary duties and procedures such as cost account estimate, procurement, contracting and reconciliation.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates covering projected annual operating expenses for Research Service.
- Independently oversees and approves transactions for Fund Code Appropriations and is responsible for all Credit Card purchases and reconciliations.
- Provide cost estimates, crucial budget resource call information on expenditures for the previous fiscal year in planning for the new budget and fiscal year based on invoices paid on contracts and utilities.
- Maintain accurate, current records and keeps Fund Control Point Officials informed of the status of orders, reports, and funds.
- Provide information and guidance to FMS staff regarding form, procedures and documentation required to support budget estimates and requests
- Input changes to account balances which reflect effects of allotments, transfers, obligations, expenditures, and other actions which change the amount of funds available in fund control points for obligation.
- Review estimates to assure, that the amounts requested are within established guidelines.
- Compile, consolidate, review, analyze, and edit numerous monthly financial reports showing current status of funds and projected expenses.
- Provides up-to-date budgetary information on all different accounts pertaining to the Service.
- Serve as a technical authority and resources for external grantees and VA staff.
- Responsible for the receipt, review and evaluation of grant applications to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Review proposal submissions for administrative and technical adherence.
- Review and compilation of committee/subcommittee approvals of Just in Time (JIT) documents for funded VA projects.
- Communicate effectively by phone, via email, in writing and in person with people of diverse backgrounds, education and personalities.
- Write clear, precise and detailed letters, memoranda, procedures and reports.
- Serve as the ADPAC back-up for research service (including but not limited to accounts management and first level IT support).
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Additional information may be provided during the interview process.
Telework: Ad Hoc
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/PD700320
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608923500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.