THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION THAT REQUIRES MILITARY MEMBERSHIP.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number PDD1231P01 and is part of the Mississippi National Guard.
As a SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-0346-12, you will provide automated logistics Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) support to all state activities and organizations and perform a wide range of specialized methods and techniques for planning, analyzing, and identifying problems; and developing and implementing resolutions in the organization, administrative and systemic programs.
(1) Serves as the principal advisor to the Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff Logistics (DCSLOG/G4) on all STAMIS systems and Automated Logistical Programs. Supervises personnel assigned to the CSSAMO SASMO unit within the state/territory. Provides oversight on all matters pertaining to the fielding and operation of the Combat Service Support (CSS) STAMIS and other automated logistics applications. Utilizes an extensive knowledge of logistics programs/operations and a clear understanding of automated systems to manage projects and programs for systems integration of CSS automation. Identifies funding requirements to support CSSAMO SASMO operations, justifies and submits budget requirements for state operating budget, and executes funds received.
(2) Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned technicians, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Develops goals and objectives that integrate support functions and overall unit program objectives. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies applicable information technology guidelines, policies and objectives. Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of the unit's support mission. Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution. Coordinates plans and schedules with other organization managers and customers. Identifies the need for changes in priorities and takes action to implement such changes. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules. Assigns work to subordinate employees based on organization priorities and consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments such that the experience, training, and abilities of staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs. Balances the workload and provides advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of technical and administrative issues. Structures assignments to create effective and economical positions.
(3) Coordinates with other information technology sections. Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Provides advice to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment. Establishes metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points. Accepts, amends, or rejects work presented by subordinates. Performs self-inspection and presents a detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action taken to supervisor. Follows-up to ensure complete and quality resolution of discrepancies. Assesses and revises policies and procedures as needed to improve quality, timeliness, and efficiency of work.
(4) Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and diversity objectives. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards. Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments. Appraises subordinate workers performance ensuring consistency and equity in rating techniques. Recommends awards when appropriate and approves within-grade increases. Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher-level management. Initiates action to correct performance or conduct problems. Effects minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands and recommends action in more serious disciplinary matters. Prepares documentation to support actions taken. Identifies employee developmental needs and provides or arranges for training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance. Encourages self-development.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608882400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.