This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Digital Library Branch, in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent applies knowledge of digital standards, library policies, collection development and general library rules and procedures, and an understanding of library users in a rapidly changing digital environments.
- Evaluates new technological tools, and anticipates the next development in digital library standards, acquisition, and delivery, and its effect on information access.
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging developments in library automation and technical services through professional development and continuous improvement activities.
- Manages and ensures that the NAL?s expanding digital collections are fully integrated into the Library?s other collections and services.
- Develops and recommends innovative methods and approaches to ensure effective management and preservation of library digital assets.
- Supports the acquisition, cataloging, or indexing of materials, and access through the public interface for materials that come to the Library through standard submission channels and other innovative solutions.
- Researches, analyzes, and applies knowledge of current and projected developments in electronic information operations and delivery, information technology, and library and information sciences.
- Provides extensive and complex reference services as needed. Serves as the Library expert on public access.
- Plans, designs, implements changes, and maintains public interfaces for core digital initiatives, such as the NAL Digital Repository (NALDC), Agricola, PubAg, and the main NAL website.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608554400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.