Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division will allow you to utilize your expertise in fingerprint analysis to support criminal investigations carried out by the Secret Service.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as Fingerprint Specialist in the Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of the entry and searching of latent and inked prints in Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) and conduct digital comparisons using software programs such as Mideo Latent Works and document detailed notes of the comparison.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices associated with the processing and development of latent prints to serve as a technical authority for assigned programs and apply technical knowledge of the techniques for the processing and development of latent prints.
- Serving as subject matter expert in the discipline of latent print examination and related evidence handling, advising, consulting and assisting intelligence and investigative personnel and legal counsel regarding all aspects of handling of physical evidence and material.
- Providing technical expert guidance and experience in multi-faceted legal court proceedings, expert witness testimony in the latent print discipline, to include trace evidence collection, testifying under direct and cross examination to explain technical procedures, interpret results and findings.
- Preparing laboratory reports that communicates the results and conclusions in latent print analysis, to include evidence proceeding, and trace collection and conducting administrative and technical reviews of casework.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact the the ability of the Secret Service to successfully complete its investigative mission. The Fingerprint Specialist position starts at a salary of $87,198 (GS-12, step 1), with potential to $134,798 (GS-13, step 10).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608399000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.