The incumbent serves as a Human Resources Specialist providing a variety of human resources services including management advisory functions in the areas of position classification, and organizational design. Provide technical services relating to position management and classification, recruitment and placement, compensation, and other HR activities.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Classification) you will:
- Independently resolve difficult issues/problems requiring consideration of the total HR management program.
- Advise on law, regulations and policies formulated at the Federal, HHS, and OPDIV levels that apply to HR management.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and conducts studies and analyses of HR-related functional areas (e.g., attrition rates, position management, analysis of metrics) to identify trends, potential problem areas.
- Establish occupational series career ladders and serves as a resource to top management in classification matters, proposing solutions to resolve controversial, complex and very difficult classification problems.
- Review and classify position descriptions (PDs) for high-impact, precedent -setting positions; writes reports of findings; conducts desk audits; and prepares evaluations as required for internal activity or in response to external requirements.
- Assure correct implementation of the Fair Labor Standards Act requirements.
- Review classification appeal packages prepared by the lower graded HR Specialists for accuracy, completeness, and logic of analytical material prior to forwarding to higher level.
- Attend meetings, conferences and seminars, and prepares and presents briefings in subject-matter area. Works with managers and supervisors to keep PDs updated and accurate.
Occasional travel - 5% Domestic - As required by the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608369600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.