This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Grassland, Soil & Water Research Laboratory in Temple, TX.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers conducting basic and applied research to develop and improve management and production practices in multifunction agricultural landscapes that include grasslands and cropping systems.
- Determines ecological, agronomic, economic and/or environmental responses to management activities and climatic drivers across multiple temporal and spatial scales.
- Performs cross-site, interdisciplinary research as an integral team member for the Long-Term Agroecosystem Research (LTAR) network to evaluate soil health or soil ecosystem function from multiple LTAR network sites.
- Develops unique approaches and employ emerging technologies for the analysis of robust datasets.
- Employs multidisciplinary approaches, including application of ecological principles to agronomic production.
- Develops collaborations and interacts with other government and university researchers and stakeholders to develop research plans and conduct experiments in the laboratory or field.
- Properly collects, analyzes and interprets scientific research and information to develop new knowledge and decision support tools to improve the resilience of agroecosystems.
- Reports research results and disseminates findings through reports, presentations and publications in scientific journals.
- Leads or participates in outreach activities such as field days to engage local or regional growers.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608260500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.