Wage Grade 2 Food Service Workers perform tasks with several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations. They follow set procedures in accomplishing repetitive assignments and follow an established sequence of work such as working in the dish room, passing trays, portioning foods and dipping hot foods.Learn more about this agency
DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled using Direct-Hire Authority.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Working rapidly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines.
- Using proper cleaning solutions to sanitize food preparation surfaces.
- Cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers in a food service or food handling organization.
- Handling and storing sanitized dishes, glasses and silverware for public use.
- Making sandwiches using prepared ingredients for cafeteria or buffet lines
- Portioning food items into standard serving sizes using the proper utensils and containers.
- Assembling and tossing fresh fruit or green salads in large quantities for public consumption.
- Brewing coffee in a restaurant/commercial size coffee maker.
- Setting up glasses, silverware, dishes, trays and condiments in communal dining areas.
- Scouring and scrubbing heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls and pots.
- Performing heavy duty cleaning tasks such as ceilings and/or exhaust hoods.
- Loading and operating a continuous conveyor belt feeding dishwasher.
- Setting up cafeteria lines and/or steam-tables with hot and cold food items.
- Standing/walking to clear tables and carrying trays of heavy dishes for several hours or more at a time.
- Sweeping and mopping floors repetitively in high traffic areas such as corridors, entry ways, cafeterias and other areas.
- Moving kitchen equipment such as stand mixers, weight scales and meat slicers to clean spaces behind and under such equipment.
- Delivering meals, which may include hot foods and liquids, to patients' bedsides or patrons.
- Emptying trash cans containing food scraps and waste.
- Reading and understanding written material such as time and duty schedules.
- Reading and following instructions with regard to safety data sheets for hazardous chemicals
- Reading and following instructions on menus, recipes, and/or basic work instructions.
- Following label directions in using cleaning or disinfecting/sanitizing agents.
- Applying sanitation principles to safeguard food against spoilage and waste.
- Adhering to safety policies and procedures when performing manual work involving lifting, carrying, transporting and delivering food or other items.
- Working quickly without accidents while at the same time being attentive to the quality of your work.
- Recognizing typical health and safety hazards for yourself and other workers around you.
Work Schedule: Part-time; 16 hours/week, 32 hours/pay period; Tours from either 6:00 AM - 9 AM or 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM, with (1) shift per week from 6:00 AM - 10 AM or 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Rotating days off.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/99921A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608053400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.