The Grants Specialist will assist the Grants Manager in administering the grants program for the EAC pursuant to 5 USC §3109 (See 42 USC §15324(b)) and §204 (6)(c) of HAVA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent provides expert advice to EAC leadership regarding grants management; provides advice and guidance to States and U.S. territories regarding the use of funds provided by EAC to ensure State/U.S. territory compliance with HAVA, Appropriations Law and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars and 2 CFR 200; conducts oversight and monitoring to review how funds have been spent; and makes recommendations for audit resolutions.
The incumbent provides expertise to EAC on matters related to grants management oversight, audit resolution, budget formulation, and strategic planning. Activities may include:
- Supporting the EAC in the awarding, administering, and tracking of all its grants programs;
- Developing short-term goals and objectives for the grants management program and participating in long-term strategic planning with EAC leadership;
- Providing technical assistance to the states on administering Federal funds and the allowable usage of HAVA funds;
- Processing and disbursing payments to States and discretionary grant recipients;
- Researching options for awarding remaining grant funds;
- Tracking the submission and reviewing the content of financial and performance reports submitted by States and discretionary grant recipients;
- Pre-audit site visits to grantees to provide technical assistance and prepare for future audits;
- Providing post-audit visits, reviewing audit reports, and working with recipients on recommendations to resolve audit findings applicable to EAC programs;
- Overseeing the process of negotiating the indirect cost rates;
- Reviewing and approving amended State Plan submissions;
- Grants close-out management;
- Writing guidance (e.g., policies and internal controls) on grants management and HAVA issues;
- Providing written monthly/quarterly reports of activities associated with grants management and oversight;
- Keeping the grants sections of the EAC website current;
- Preparing FABS uploads for DATA Act Compliance,
- Executing technical assistance and training to the grantee field on a variety of grants 101 topics via webinar or other format;
- Managing contracts related to grants program activities;
- Preparing data spreadsheets and analysis on grant expenditures, activities and spend rates;
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - There is minimal travel required for this position.
11 - (GS-11 equivalent with promotion potential).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608034500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.