About the Position: The Anniston Army Depot is located in Anniston, Alabama in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain chain half way between Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama just off interstate 20. The Depot is the largest employer in Calhoun County with Approximately 4000 employees.Learn more about this agency
- Utilize a wide range of HR practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to provide expert federal civilian HR management advisory and technical services on complex and wide-impacting customer functions and work practices.
- Serve as a senior HR Specialist, applying the full range of civilian HR methods, principles and practices to advise on and/or resolve the full range of operational problems in the areas of recruitment and placement and classification.
- Analyze and classify individual positions descriptions.
- Advise managers and supervisors on staffing requirements, resources, and problems in assigned offices involving a high degree of complexity.
- Advise management on recruitment strategies, sources, special programs, recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs.
- Manage and maintain full visibility over all Request for Personnel Actions (RPAs) from cradle to grave.
- Mentor and conduct informal on-the-job training for lower graded human resource personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607945000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.