This position is located in the Office of External Affairs, Department of the Chief Executive Officer, in Washington, DC. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for sharing the AmeriCorps story, impact of national service and volunteerism with our key stakeholders and the general public.Learn more about this agency
The Public Affairs Specialist (Writer-Editor) is responsible for writing, editing, and reviewing both traditional and digital communications content that support the plans and implementation strategy for public engagement. Incumbent provides strategic support to communications outreach to CEO and COS teams, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview stakeholders to gain insight and background for story development.
- Draft and verify long and short-form content in a fast-paced environment, including national service and volunteerism think pieces, Op-Eds, blog posts, recruitment collateral, web content, emails, and other outreach assets.
- Identify and track story ideas by program and key demographic attributes for potential future use.
- Write talking points, FAQs, and other background communications for Agency principals in support of media and external outreach
- Regularly monitor and update content for americorps.gov alongside web manager and developers(s) to optimize user experience, enhance content, and follow navigation, style sheets, SEO/M and 508 accessibility standards.
- Serve as an editor for Agency departments for external communications, emails, blogs and other content as requested.
- Write, proof, and edit content to ensure consistency, accuracy, and alignment with brand platform, AP Style and Agency style guide
- Review, update, and provide style guide training for colleagues.
- Distill complex ideas, data, and research into compelling content.
- Discover creative narratives and insights to bring the AmeriCorps story to life.
- Adeptly manage a busy workload and competing deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer service and responsiveness to colleagues across the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607939500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.