About the Position: Serves as an HR Specialist performing operational assignments in the Civilian Human Resources Agency. CHRA is responsible for operational HR effectiveness to include establishing and maintaining standards and measurements, recruitment and placement, employee development and training, and classification and position management.Learn more about this agency
- Advise managers on appropriate disciplinary or other corrective techniques on a large range of conduct and performance problems.
- Resolve disputed and interprets facts, events, and/or identifying aggravating or mitigating factors relevant to the case.
- Serve as principal point of contact on labor-management matters of overall concern to established bargaining units at the local level.
- Conduct studies to develop management interests and respond to union interests at the bargaining table.
- Communicate agency-wide labor relations policies and procedures to management and staff of the local organization.
- Develop or assist in developing written policy and guidelines for use by local management.
- Utilize a wide range of HR practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to provide human resource management advisory.
- Provide counseling and training to managers on various Labor and Employee relations topics.
- Represent management in unfair labor practice and representation hearings before the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
- Conduct extensive probing and analysis to identify obscure or underlying causes of misconduct or poor performance.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607840900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.