This position is located on the Santa Fe National Forest - Jemez Ranger District located in Jemez Springs, NM,Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is the planning and implementation of a recreation resource program including lands, recreation special uses, wilderness, developed sites, and dispersed recreation.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Brian Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (575) 829-3535.
- The duties below are reflected at the full performance level of the position.
- Strategizes and develops proposed natural resource management activities and coordinates and/or implements these approved management activities.
- Make findings of land management uses. Responsible for environmental analysis reviews, reports, evaluation and preparing environmental impact statements.
- Analyzes and determines the effects of management activities on natural resources and prepares environmental assessments to document findings.
- Reviews environmental analysis reports to determine adequacy of coordination of natural resources needs. Inspects projects for compliance with approved plans.
- Reviews and monitors natural resources management activities and prepares management recommendations of accomplishments.
- Performs supervisory duties at least 25% of the time. Hears and resolves employee complaints, effects minor disciplinary measures, and recommends action in more serious cases.
- Plans the work to be accomplished by the unit, assigns work to employees, and establishes production or quality standards for the unit?s work.
- Establishes and communicates guidelines and performance requirements to employees; conducts formal performance reviews; and identifies and provides for the developmental and training needs of employees.
- Performs administrative and human resources management functions for the unit; provides advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters; and assures full compliance with safety regulations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607669700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.