The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as a Librarian (Biomedical). If you have experience providing library services and instruction in a clinical or biomedical research setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a technical authority in the provision of bibliometric services in very complex subject areas related to biomedical research.
- Develops policies, programs, services and/or products for a library system.
- Initiates, plans, and carries out work activities and projects related to designing, developing, and overseeing instructional and training programs on library programs, services, and systems.
- Provides consultations on designing and using bibliometric analyses, training on bibliometric theory and techniques, and customized analysis designed to meet specific needs of NIH staff.
- Calculates citation impact scores using the latest bibliometric techniques and put those scores into context to help NIH staff understand how useful laboratory or program publications have been to other scientists.
- Provides research services for users which involve not only directing the user to information sources, but also locating and evaluating the information itself.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607615600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.