The incumbent is responsible to create EAC clearinghouse material to assist Election Officials, Voters, and other stakeholders with best practices, white papers, tools, data, training materials, instructions, and any other information that would be helpful to election administrators to assist with the Administration of elections. The incumbent will provide expert guidance regarding election administration that touches all facets of the agency to serve EAC stakeholders.Learn more about this agency
Under the overall direction of the Executive Director and the Senior Advisor the Election SME is responsible for:
- Preparing and implementing programs and resources for election officials and voters.
- Updating and maintaining current Clearinghouse resources for election officials.
- Creating professional presentations, brochures, and training materials on all facets of election administration.
- Creating professional infographics using election-related data.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing election data and presenting findings in reports, best practices, and white papers.
- Writing election related blogs and other publications regarding election administration.
- Making recommendations for reorganizing the EAC website to better serve its stakeholders regarding its Clearinghouse function.
- Researching and analyzing trends and identifying solution for election related challenges.
- Working closely with the senior advisor for programs and program directors to produce timelines for execution of work product and the expeditious issuance of reports, guidance to states, best practices and other documents, including factoring in timelines to accommodate review and comment of various draft documents. Recommends actions to alleviate conflicts within the timeline.
- Assists with work quality related to all agency Clearinghouse functions.
- Recommending action to ensure coordination and integration of program activities of each division including meetings and activities of EAC advisory boards.
- Serving as a team member on ad hoc teams convened to provide quick responses to special projects and studies which may cut across organizational lines, disciplines, and functions. Team participation is vital to effectively accomplish unit assignments. Successful participation in both routine and special assignments requires flexibility, effective interactive skills, and willingness to cooperate to enhance team accomplishments.
- Ensuring documents meet EAC standards and improve the agency Clearinghouse function.
- Identify areas that require improvement, establish working groups to assist with gaps.
- Provide feedback on election-related work quality including editing and guidance to staff to improve overall quality of work.
- Serving as the Project Manager for outsourced election work product as needed.
- Working with external stakeholders as needed.
- Reviewing Grant funding trends and preparing an analysis on trends of how the funds are being spent on innovative ways to assist stakeholders with ideas.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - 25%.
12 - GS-12 equivalent with promotion potential.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607442300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.