You will serve as a INTERDISCIPLINARY ENGINEER/SCIENTIST in the WEAPONS & ENERGETICS DEPT of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide senior level council and detailed technical advice to D55 and multiple weapon programs on guidance and control systems for missiles, gravity bombs, glide bombs, and autonomous/collaborative air vehicles.
- You will facilitate and coordinate activities across multiple facilities and locations.
- You will plan, supervise, conduct, and mentor guidance law development, state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, path planning, miss distance performance optimization, kinematic analysis of actuation system effectors.
- You will plan, supervise, and conduct performance analysis by simulation Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances, including verification and validation techniques.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Guidance and Controls technology development plan for the department.
- You will assess and document system integration risks through test data analysis.
- You will prepare Guidance and Control system trade studies.
- You will plan and oversee employee training programs related to aerospace guidance and controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607347700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.