The Ocean Ecology Laboratory at Goddard Space Flight Center is seeking an Ocean Biogeochemical Modeler; to lead the efforts in the assimilation of ocean color remote sensing data into global/regional biogeochemical models. Responsibilities include develop regional/global biogeochemical processes; evaluate satellite ocean color products for improvement or modified increase usefulness for global/regional modelling.Learn more about this agency
- Lead the development and application global and regional biogeochemical modeling for Earth System Science research.
- Lead the assimilation of satellite remote sensing data into biogeochemical models.
- Publication of research papers in peer reviewed journals.
- Support PACE Project Science in the evaluation of ocean and atmosphere retrieval algorithms developed within the competed PACE Science and Applications Team (SAT).
- Lead and participate in research proposals in the fields of ocean and atmospheric remote sensing, ocean biology and biogeochemistry, atmospheric composition and modeling. Expected to maintain a portfolio of funded research.
- Lead and participate in the publication of research manuscripts. The successful candidate is expected to publish 1-2 papers per year.
- Contribute to the development of future airborne and spaceborne instrumentation and missions, in situ instrumentation, and field campaigns pursued within the Ocean Ecology Laboratory, including requirements analysis and proposal development.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607108500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.