This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.You will serve as a Distinguished Scientist/Engineer for Electro-Optic/Infrared Sensor Technologies, at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, providing technical direction and guidance for programs providing science and technology, research and development, acquisition support, test and evaluation, and in-service support for Electro-Optic/Infrared Sensor (EO/IR) systems. Learn more about this agency
- You will lead the planning and concept definition/formulation for technology initiatives, and will direct the DON?s engagement in research and development of technologies and the prototyping of solutions in Electro-Optic/Infrared Sensor Technologies.
- You will correlate diverse technical data, evaluate military technical capabilities and gaps to identify risk, and effectively communicate gaps at the appropriate technical level to senior leadership and policy makers.
- You will aid technology roadmap development for Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and other program offices, and also strengthen the NAVSEA Technical Authority through nurturing and advising members of the Technical Pyramid and Technical Pipeline.
- You will be responsible for technical leadership and direction of EO/IR systems and the development as technology advances.
- You will provide long term stewardship and road-map planning of capabilities, facilities, people, and infrastructure.
- You will plan, coordinate and direct work performed by multi-organization teams including large teams comprised of contractors and other government agencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607002400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.