Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service's 2019 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!Learn more about this agency
As an Auditor, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying new areas for audit and planning new engagements by submitting audit proposals that support the OIG strategic plan as well as detail the benefit of committing resources to performing the work;
- Developing program guides that address the audit objectives and provide a clear path for developing convincing findings and actionable recommendations.
- Exercising technical direction over the collection and analysis of all data; and ensuring that evidence collected is sufficient, relevant, and competent and properly documented and reviewed in the audit work papers.
- Providing effective team leadership including: (1) proactively identifying and resolving problems that could impact project goals; (2) establishing priorities and adjusting schedules to accomplish the work as timely as possible; and (3) effectively utilizing resources.
- Drafting audit reports that consolidate and integrate the work of others that provides a logical structure for results presentation, answering all of the audit objectives and ensuring that all elements of a finding are supported by the data.
- Planning for and conducting or participating in conferences with key officials of audited activities to obtain information and advise them of audit progress and developing honest and productive relationships with these internal and external parties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606895400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.