This position is located in Department of Homeland, U.S. Coast Guard, Base Cape Cod, Facilities Engineering Department, Barnstable, MA.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as a leader within the Structural Maintenance Shop responsible for assigning work received to team members.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
* Assigning work to individual team members in the following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, roofing, masonry and painting.
* Insuring that needed plans, blueprints, material, and tools are available, and that needed stock is obtained from supply locations.
* Checking work in progress and when finished, checks for compliance with supervisor's instructions.
* Explaining what tasks are to be done by assigned employees and how they are to be accomplished. Answering workers' questions regarding procedures, policies, written instructions, and other directives.
* Providing information to supervisor on status and progress of work, causes of delays, and overall work operations and problems.
* Assuring that safety and housekeeping rules are followed.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606817500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.