This position is assigned to a field or area office in Ephrata or Okanogan Washington. The incumbent will serve as Soil Conservationist (Resource Conservationist), assisting the field offices and staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive natural resources conservation program. The incumbent will provide technical guidance, assistance, and evaluation on matters related Farm Bill Programs and other Natural Resources Conservation programs contracting and implementation.Learn more about this agency
- Works with landowners and operators, individually and in groups, to develop a wide variety of conservation plans according to established policies and procedures and in accordance with landowners' decisions.
- Under supervision, provides technical assistance to determine need and feasibility of Farm Bill financial assistance and state cost share programs as well as on completion certifies to ensure compliance with Service standards.
- Performs necessary follow up to ensure plans are being properly implemented. Assigned work with specific conservation practices; directs site surveys, practice designs, and layout.
- Assists with program management, training and quality control for NRCS Farm Bill Programs, including the Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP), Agricultural Land Easement Program Conservation Stewardship Program, etc.
- Collects and analyses data necessary to recommend updates to technical guides for use by field offices in administering programs.
- Provides administration assistance to the field offices, including property management, maintenance of records, and preparation of administrative reports
- Assists with area reviews, perform program quality checks in accordance with agency policies, and provides training to the field staff for technical practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606810100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.