This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.Learn more about this agency
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
- The primary purpose of this position is to repair, overhaul, rebuild, modify, test, troubleshoot, remove, replace, align, calibrate, inspect and mate avionics integrated electronic and environmental systems.
- Installs, modifies overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots repairs, rebuilds, aligns, and calibrates electronic and environmental systems, components, or subassemblies.
- Performs pretest, operational (functional), or final testing of electronic environmental systems, components, or subassemblies.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures, complies with security regulations, directives, and policies, and maintains a safe and clean work area. Uses personal protective equipment and complies with all appropriate safety and health directives.
- Uses and maintains tools and test equipment required ,to accomplish duties: Ensures tools are properly marked, calibrated (if necessary), and are secured when area is unattended.
- Prepares effective training plans to maximize Reserve training. Complies with required instruction, guidance and/or training and provides instruction, guidance and training to others.
- Certifies work produced under the USAF Technical Order Program. As required, verifies and certifies work processes and procedures of certified coworkers and trainees and adequacy of work accomplished.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606805000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.