This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.Learn more about this agency
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) aircraft ordnance systems mechanic.
- Accomplishes scheduled inspections of egress systems.
- Troubleshoots egress and jettison systems on operational aircraft and aircraft undergoing repair, overhaul, and modification.
- Performs operational (or simulated operational) tests of egress and canopy jettison systems to ensure proper operation of all components using canopy blow testers, specialized test gauges, and push/pull spring scales.
- Complies with safety requirements and complies with security regulations, directives, and policies .
- Certifies work produced under the USAF Technical Order Program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606797400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.