This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Animal Metabolism-Agricultural Chemicals Research Unit in Fargo, ND.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for investigating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of agriculturally relevant chemicals in food (poultry, swine, ruminants) or laboratory animals and for characterizing chemical residues in food-animal products (milk, meat, eggs).
- Investigate the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion of agriculturally relevant chemicals (persistent organic pollutants/agricultural chemicals/naturally occurring bioactive molecules) in food (poultry/swine/ruminants) or lab animals.
- Characterize chemical residues in food-animal products (milk, meat, eggs) and or excreta (urine/feces).
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative characterization of parent compound and/or metabolites in biological matrices of scientific or regulatory interest.
- Provide expertise to team members on applicable in vitro and(or) in vivo methods for determining the metabolic fate of chemicals in food animals or food animal products.
- Provide material contributions to annual reports, project plans reviewed by the Office of Scientific Quality Review (OSQR). Assures that human, fiscal, and physical resources are utilized as planned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606648700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.