This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service.Learn more about this agency
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as staff advisor to the LRS ART of the Logistics Group (LG) for all supply/fuels disciplines.
- Serves as the supply liaison between the LRS in a Support Group, key staff, headquarters and subordinate personnel and determines supply areas requiring increased management emphasis and concentrations.
- Manages the War Reserve Material(WRM), Readiness Support Packages(RSP), Support Equipment(SE) and War Consumable Distribution Objective(WCDO) programs for LRS to ensure compliance with Air Force directives and instructions governing stocking.
- Serves as the supply focal point for assistance on issues concerning depot level reparable (DLR). Develops and implements procedures to track status of items utilizing automated systems.
- Manages the Aircraft Sustainability Module (ASM) which predicts combat capabilities of tactical aircraft using operations plans, logistic resources and performance data. Attends meetings and conferences at MAJCOM level as required to represent LRS.
- Manages supply-related matters and assesses mission readiness. Interprets technical data, regulations, and accepted policy and provides staff-level guidance and advice to assigned units in the area of supply.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606627100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.