The Specialty Education Loan Repayment Program (SELRP) provides financial assistance to Physicians in the form of a loan repayment to recent graduates of an accredited medical or osteopathic school, and are currently enrolled or matched to a residency identified as a shortage by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).Learn more about this agency
- The loan repayment is $40,000 a year with a maximum of $160,000. In return the recipient would agree to serve in a clinical practice at a VA facility for a period of 12 months for each $40,000 of loan repayment with a minimum of 24 months of obligated service.
- Preference will be given to veterans, and individuals who are, or will be, participating in residency programs in health facilities:
- Located in rural areas;
- Operated by Indiana tribes, tribal organizations, or the Indian Health Service; or
- Affiliated with underserved healthcare facilities of the Department.
- Participant must agree in writing before any payment to:
- Obtain a license to practice medicine in a State;
- Successfully complete post-graduate training leading to eligibility for board eligibility/certification in a specialty;
- Serve as a full-time clinical practice employee of the Veteran Health Administration (VHA) for 12 months for every $40,000 in such benefits that the employee receives, but in no case for fewer than 24 months; and
- Begin such service no later than 60 days after completing a residency.
- Fellowship - If the participant receives an accredited fellowship in a medical specialty other that identified above he/she upon written request may delay the term of obligated service until after the completion of the fellowship, but in no case no later than 60 days after the completion of the fellowship.
- Consideration Requirements: Application, Academic Verification, Recommendations, Resume, Transcripts, Declaration for Federal Employment (Not completing any of the required documents is justification for non-consideration).
- It is your responsibility to ensure all required documentation is submitted. Failure to submit all required documentation will result in not being considered.
- If you have questions, contact us at SELRPTeam@va.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606344400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.